Friday, December 28, 2007

Todd

I remember driving to meet Todd. I remember it because I was rehearsing for the entire evening. How I would to talk and walk. How I would control my words and stay cool, not break a sweat. Most of all, how I would appear exciting but not excited.
We met at a local downtown Grand Rapids bar. As I walked through the door I tried not to hyperventilate, I spotted Todd right away. The first thing came to my mind was oh my gosh!...he is so tiny. How in the world am I going to get out of this? I shook his hand (tightly so that he knew I wouldn't put up with any crap). Then he asked me what I wanted to drink. I told him “Bud Lite”. He predicted I would change my taste for it now that I met him. As he stood at the bar paying for our drinks, I did notice his nicely shaped butt … (sorry could not help myself had to put that in).

No comments: