Monday, August 15, 2005

Articles, Email and Feedback

Article: A North Carolina couple is wanted for their role in allegedly dealing crack cocaine in Rutland. Eric D. Brooks, 27, and Nicole M. Parker, 19, with listed addresses of West River Road in Franklin, N.C., were expected Monday in Rutland District Court to answer to crack cocaine charges stemming from a drug bust in late June. Neither appeared in court and $5,000 warrants were ordered for each. Rutland City Police said the arrests were part of an investigation involving a confidential informant into crack cocaine dealing in the city. According to the court records, the incident leading to the charges took place around 11:30 p.m. on June 23. Brooks was parked in his 1994 Mazda 626 in Rutland when the informant went up to the vehicle and purchased crack cocaine from him, police said. Police followed Brooks' vehicle and soon pulled Brooks and Parker over on Robbins Street, city Detective David LaChance wrote in an affidavit. Brooks had a suspended driver's license and agreed to let police search the vehicle, the affidavit stated. Police said they later found that Parker had packed 1.8 grams of crack cocaine in her body. Parker added that when police pulled over Brooks' vehicle he gave her the crack cocaine and told her to hide it in her body, the detective wrote. At first she said she refused, but then agreed to do it, the affidavit stated. Parker also told police she and Brooks had traveled about two weeks earlier to Rutland from North Carolina and Brooks had been selling crack cocaine to a "couple of different customers" in the city, the affidavit stated. Brooks denied knowing anything about the crack cocaine and told police he came to Rutland to help a friend drywall a house, LaChance wrote. Both Parker and Brooks face charges of possessing and selling crack cocaine. They were both released on citations after their arrest to appear in court Monday to answer the charge, but did not show up. If convicted of the charges, they each face up to seven years in prison. EMAIL: I don't know what else to say since finding your website this morning. My husband is back to the crack after a couple of years clean and it is worse than ever. I fear he will die this time. we are in our 40's and his health is not that great. Driving to work this morning I felt I was losing my faith. I am a very spiritual person, but lately this drug seems to have beaten me down. Until i saw your website i was ready to give up. I feel desperate, helpless and hopeless. I felt like God really doesn't care and all my prayers were unanswered. I felt like it was time for me to give up on him and us. After reading your articles I have the decided that THE DEVIL WILL HAVE NO POWER OVER ME TODAY! Crack will have no power over me. At least not for today. Hy husband, Ken, does hate the drug and what it is doing to his life. I know he still wants to be free but I can also see he isn't trying as hard as he could be. As of late I have stood back and watched, but now I will take some of your advice and lay down some very important boundaries, the first one being to stop hiding it. I refuse to give crack power over me. Thank you for renewing my faith and strength to go on. Please pray for me! Thanks again and God Bless You! melissa Feedback: So nice to chat with ya, Toddster..:-)) Sorry I took up so much of your time......but I thouroughly enjoyed it.... Have a GREAT weekend......Say hi to Phil Keaggy for me! :-) "The Effexor/Klonipin User" Karen We had the great pleasure to attend an all day music festival Saturday the 13th. We saw, Peder Eide, Goeff More, Petra, Phil Keaggy, Jars of Clay and Steven Curtis Chapman. It was so cool and sounded great! Just what we needed to refresh our brains! Have a great week living crack-free! Todd and Camille Gibson, the girls, the dog and of course the cats and the hamster (rat!).

No comments: