Sunday, December 16, 2007

Crack Sucks

The journeys that crack took me on, ended up being many blessings. It exposed me to the evil side of life. It is there that I found and ate and loved the “Devil’s Candy”. This hideous stuff could be nothing but evil.
The insanity of smoking crack and doing nothing else but smoking crack every awake moment of everyday is maddening. I had a relentless desire to smoke crack at any and all expense. I did this no matter what, no matter who, no matter how, no matter why, no matter when, no matter where, no matter…it was truly a horrible passion.

When I finally looked at crack-cocaine as an actual force, I concluded that this is by far more than just substance abuse or addiction. This is when I was finally able to fight the tremendous pull crack-cocaine has on one’s soul and spirit.

The question becomes, “Why do crack?”, if this is what happens and the consequences that follow.

Standard treatment does not address the extreme possession that occurs during crack use. To say we need to treat crack like all other ‘drugs’ could be a mistake. The Devil’s candy does take you over. It possesses you and completely destroys your soul and spirit. If you ask a crack-head if and when they ever decided to try and quit and they might have said, “I am never going to smoke crack again!” What happens? The temptations come at you faster and harder. The urges and triggers jump at you to the point where you start entertaining thoughts of the “Devil’s Candy” again and now you are off to the races again. At times believe it or not it seems easier to keep smoking crack than to quit and deal with the onslaught of the most intense spiritual battle one could ever imagine. Getting past that is no different than making any commitment to GOD and getting the ‘fallen angel’ gunning for you constantly. For years I battled over this.

Todd

No comments: